Campus Compact is pleased to release the “Request for Host Site Proposals” for the 2019-20 AmeriCorps VISTA program.
CCNSE member campuses are eligible to apply under this program as well as school and non-profit organizations that partner with one or more CCSNE member campuses. Campus Compact AmeriCorps VISTAs are leveraged to build the capacity of higher education institutions and their partners to contribute to programs and organizations focused on improving the lives of individuals who live in poverty. We are seeking proposals for projects that specifically focus on one or more of the following areas:
- Education: PK-20 education preparation, retention & success
- Economic Success: financial literacy and workforce development
- Healthy Futures: food security and opioid addiction prevention/recovery
- Veterans and Military Families: education, food security, addiction prevention and workforce development
- Environmental Stewardship: education/training on environmentally conscious practices in low-income communities
Campus Compact is an intermediary AmeriCorps VISTA sponsor through the Corporation for National Service (CNCS). For the 2019-20 program year, CCSNE anticipates 50 AmeriCorps VISTA members (including 3 VISTA leaders).
The application process is competitive and awards under the Campus Compact VISTA program are subject to appropriations and approval from the Corporation for National Service.